Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God Has Already Done The Work!

I received this anonymous questions:

"Hello, I have a question: I love God but I feel as if I'm not living up to His expectations and that I'm not praising him enough. I pray to Him every day and night, and in my prayers I always praise Him. What else can I do to show God that I love him?"

Well, let me say, praying and praising God is great and will keep a soul on fire for the Lord.

I want to begin with a few points, then answer your question with Scripture.

1) God's expectations are too high for us too reach.

The fact is, we are commanded to "be perfect as our Father is Holy" (Matthew 5:48)

But the Bible also says that we can not do it without God helping us. (2 Peter 1:3)

"For He has made perfect forever, those who are being made holy" Hebrews 10:14

2) God can never be praised enough. He is worthy of praise and worthy to be praised.

We don't have to look any further then the Gospel too tell us that.

God came into the world, lived a sinless life, suffered and died on a Cross to save us from our own sinfulness, give us new life, give us His Spirit and redeem us as His children. Then He rose again on the three days later to just prove Himself as God.

Once we repent and trust in Christ, He grants us new, eternal life.

I say this because the Gospel should be the foundation of our worship and prayer towards God.

I was actually just read this from Titus 2 in my time in the Word this morning:

"For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."~Titus 2:11-14

But, the best advice I can give you is too stay in His Word, pray continually, stay in fellowship of a local Biblical Church, and share your faith with others.

Last thing that I would like to encourage you with comes out of the book of 2 Peter.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins."
 ~2 Peter 1:3-9

Pray this encourages you!

Keep doing what you're doing and walk with the Lord! God Bless!

No comments: