Friday, January 11, 2013

"Don't Listen To Saint Paul, Cause I can lead the way"



A new video has surfaced on Youtube which has many Christians up in arms; myself included.

While, many are up in arms over there claim that women should be ordained, which I do, Biblically disagree with, (You can read why HERE) the issue for me is how they make there case.Not only is the it a parody (done to the tune of "Call me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen) but it also presents no cohesive argument.

All we have to do is look at the second stanza to see where they go astray.

"Women priest is my call, Women preaching for all, Don't Listen To Saint Paul, Cause I can lead the way".

As to what the Bible has to says regarding women preaching, check out the link above (on the HERE).

As to why this is a problem for the rest of the video? By throwing out the word of the Apostle Paul into the New Testament, as this song is clearly advocating, you do truly lose any hope for any Truth on the subject.

1) By taking Pauls writings out you lose about 2/3 of the New Testament Truth (13 out of 27).

Also, by discrediting Paul, you must then assume that the words of his supporters are discredited.

2) By doing that you must throw out the writings of Peter, John, and James because they accepted Paul as minister to the Gentiles. "James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised." ~Galatians 2:9 (emphasis mine)

That eliminates 8 more of the books from the canon.

3) But, if we look in 2 Timothy 4:11, we see three directly be taken out (and more by implication). Paul writes,

Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry.

That wipes out Acts, Luke and Mark.

But, by principal, Matthew, Jude (the brother of James) and the writer of Hebrews because of there closer connections with the rest of those in the canon (and possibly even Paul himself.) Now we see that by taking out eliminating one segment of truth, all we get in the end with is a lie.

Romans 1:25- " They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen."

"Jesus answered 'I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ~ John 14:6

If today you realize you have been avoiding the Truth of God's Word or realize your rebellion against God, I call you to see the Truth and come to Him. See more in the side bar and at: http://needGOD.com

No comments: