Monday, May 28, 2012

Romans Testimony- "I am an ex-gay."

Written by Roman Marquez

The last part of May 2011 is when I began my change from sinner to Forgiven. My life is somewhat a modern day prodigal son story. I led a life quite like anyone else, at least those who haven’t seen the mercy of God, lost and self-perpetuating. Many events have helped shape who I am but none near as amazing as Christ’s death on the cross. I hope my testimony enlightens, uplifts, and more importantly brings glory to God.

I was raised in a Christian home my father and mother both wanted to raise all 5 of us boys in this faith. I went to church with my father most times. I enjoyed all that church had to offer and I believed in Christ with my whole heart. I had a lot of faith and practiced it as often as I could but changes ensued and disrupted my walk and redirected my heading. What changed this? Well many things altered my life but there are two transforming factors that were most prevalent. A conversion of religion, rather a misguided burrowing into falsehoods, was the second turning point. My sexuality happened to be the deepest factor that superseded my faith in turn leading into the burrowing. My thoughts all in all seemed much wiser than anything anyone ever said.

I abandoned Christianity in defiance of God and my family. I misconstrued my parent’s love and care for ugliness. I decided that Christianity was antiquated and no longer relevant for this day and age as many lost individuals claim. I threw myself into studying many religions. Wicca and paganism were more palatable for me to study, practice, and both spoke to my desires in that I could will anything I craved. I practiced witchcraft I communed with spirits(demons). All these religions and all others are just demonic distractions from the truth. I studied these in hopes of finding the “truth” or at least one that let me be “me”. In all my searching none of these proved true or even worthy of my attention.


My life as a gay man wasn’t quiet I stood in the fight for gay rights and worked in charity for AIDS. I was a drag queen. I was the epitome of a proud gay man. Needless to say but I feel quite important to point out, I was gay and not bi or questioning like many have so wrongly accused me of in explanation of my conversion I had a monogamous relationship for 6 years with an amazing Guy. Who now I can still call my best friend, but we are no longer in a relationship. I wasn’t always committed I had many partners by the time I met him at the age of 17. We moved in together shortly after dating. We were even engaged. We rented a couple houses together but hard times fell on us we both lost our jobs and we moved in with some good friends. We searched for jobs months went by and still nothing. I suffered a series of ailments none too serious, however, In addition to our financial inabilities I began to question life and death. I knew in my heart no spell or conjuring would do to fix what I was beginning to see.

Out of desperation I prayed to God one night to help us find a job. A couple weeks later My Partner found a job. I thanked God and told my partner that he should do the same. After thanking God I began to see the beast I became. I was an anti-Christ; foolishly I even claimed that as my title. I spoke out vehemently against God’s people. My life was in total mockery of what God intended for man. I laughed when people would quote the bible I held no reverence for the Creator. My father who made me was merely a name to be spit upon as I saw it. I played my games to only be played a fool by the devil. I finally felt fear that I would die and be alone in my death. I was alone I didn’t truly care for anyone. So I prayed a solemn prayer “Dear God if I do die don’t let me die alone let me die in my parents’ home”. God answers prayers quite mysteriously. Soon after the prayer I began to feel more at ease. I then began to search out scripture I began reading every night.

My ailments went away our job problem did too but my fire for God didn’t. The house we were living in the people that lived with us were all openly in denial that Christianity was real. I began to feel uneasy and knew I had to have God or my home and friends. I came out to them I was Christian. They took it better than I thought. God had other plans though the next thing we knew we all had to be moved out. None of us had anywhere to go. I decided at that moment I would go back with my parents it was best for me since I still didn’t have a job. I moved back in and I was given a revelation God allowed me to go to my parents to die not physically but spiritually my old self died away it didn’t have the power it used too. I didn’t have fear of being what God intended. I prayed the prayer thinking only in terms humanly possible and God answered Godly possible. I gave my life back to God it was his to begin with its what he deserves.

God of wonders has made me a wonder. Most importantly God has forgiven me for my sins and allowed me to come to him and be his son. Some may look at my life and see themselves or maybe they think theirs is much worse or that mine was much worse. Whatever way you see it the truth of it all is I have been forgiven we all can be. God is merciful even though I was against him he forgave me and showed me mercy through his love. My love to you in Christ Jesus.

Find out how to have your sins forgiven at http://NEEDGod.com

God Bless!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Scientific studies have shown that the only way it's possible for someone to be an "ex-gay" is for them to either repress their natural sexual feelings for years on end, or else lie to themselves and others by saying that they're straight. Both of these methods have been proven to be psychologically harmful. So why, then, do you seem to think it's a good thing when someone calls themselves "ex-gay"? Do you just not care about those people's psychological health and well-being? If so, then how is that Christ-like in the least?

ShownTheWay said...

Dear Hannah, let me respond in a few ways to your comment.

1) Let me apologize for the horrible white background that made the testimony hard to read.

2) I'd like to ask you, where do you get your certainty you are correct about psychological damage?

I'm sure there are studies that could argue against your point.

But, even then, it brings about a few question I want to ask

How do you know this information you know is true?

What makes being an "ex-gay" wrong?

Do you believe it is absolutely wrong? (do you believe in moral absolutes?)

Also, I don't come claiming to have some "scientific study" that argues my point. I come bearing the Holy Word of God. It supports the idea of "ex-gay" the same way it supports "ex-theives", "ex-liars" or "ex-drunkards"

Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation the old is gone, the new has come. ~2 Cor. 5:17

Also, keep in mind 1 Cor. 6:9-11

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers, nor homosexual offender or thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

God Bless!