Monday, January 2, 2012

The Mountain, The Treadmill, and The Bearded Dragon.

This bearded dragon is similar to much of the world today.  He is running a never ending race.  This is a picture of religion.  Man trying his hardest to run toward God with good works and missing the whole point…the race has already been won.

Jesus won the race toward God two thousand years ago on the Cross, where He died for our sins that put us into this made dash to begin with. 

The sinfulness in our lives keeps us running after God trying to earn His approval, but all God sees is our sin.  But, Jesus took our sins upon Himself, so that God will see us as a clean, perfect slate (2 Cor. 5:21).

David Platt, in his book Radical put it this way,
I was engaged in a conversation with a Buddhist leader and a Muslim leader in this particular community. They were discussing how all religions are fundamentally the same and only superficially different. “We may have different views about small issues,” one of them said, “but when it comes down to essential issues, each of our religions is the same.”

I listened for a while, and then they asked me what I thought. I said, “It sounds as though you both picture God (or whatever you call god) at the top of the mountain. It seems as if you believe that we are all at the bottom of the mountain, and I may take one route up the mountain, you may take another, and in the end we will all end up in the same place.”


They smiled as I spoke. Happily they replied, “Exactly! You understand!”

Then I leaned in and said, “Now let me ask you a question. What would you think if I told you that the God at the top of the mountain actually came down to where we are? What would you think if I told you that God doesn’t wait for people to find their way to him, but instead he comes to us?”

They thought for a moment and then responded, “That would be great.”

I replied, “Let me introduce you to Jesus.”

This is the gospel.

Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and the only life, why would He have died and rose again if there was any another way?
Stop running, repent (meaning: turn) of your sins and put your trust in Jesus for salvation. 

God Bless!

No comments: