Saturday, December 31, 2011

"New Year, New Me"

Everyone tries to make resolutions and change during the New Years season.  But, while most of us won't keep them, this time of year is a great time to make a change in your life. 

"It's a new year, a new section of life, and the road ahead is unknown."

I would have agreed with the above statements, but I would have not looked at in quite looked at it the same way.

This was my first full fiscal year of being a Christian, saved by Grace.  It will be two years this February and I can say that being saved didn't make my life easier, but I would never change a thing. 

Through a crazy year of losing relationships, family members, seeing others come to faith, and seeing God's great plan unfold over the last year, I realize I could never do it with out Him. 

The Word of Psalm 46 ring just as true this year as ever, but I'm just starting to truly embrace it.

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging" ~Psalm 46:1-3
But, I thought it appropriate that among the "resolutions" and "new starts" and ultimately the New Year that is coming upon us, to share my testimony of how God made me new, through faith, by His grace alone.

You can read my testimony below.  Thank you all ShownTheWay readers for the amazing 2011.  Have a wonderful and blessed 2012!
Two years ago I was dead. But then God made me alive.

A friend showed me my sinfulness, through God's Moral Standard, the Ten Commandment. He showed me that every lie I had told made me a liar and that God saw my thought life....I had broken His Law and I was in trouble and deserving of Hell.

When I died I knew I was going to be standing before a Holy Judge, what was I going to have to defend myself?

But, then my friend gave me the Good News. He gave me the Gospel.

That God made a Way for Sinners like me to be saved from Hell. God came down in the form of a man, Jesus Christ, to live a sinless life and then suffer and die in our place. The price is paid. But, we are required to repent (turn) from our sins and put our Trust in Christ.

This Gospel changed me. He gave me a new heart with new desires. I was born again in February 2010 and have never been the same. Am I perfect? No. Because Jesus was in my place. It's not anything in me that brought God to me

God will make you new. He is the only Way, and without Him we will perish in our sins, and I wouldn't wish that for you.

Repent and Trust in Jesus.

I had a friend who loved me enough to tell me the Truth, and I love you enough to do the same. God Bless!

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone. ~Titus 3:3-8

No comments: