Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Closing the Deal: An Unbiblical Component of Modern Evangelism

By Tony Miano

Last week I asked on Twitter for suggestions, for blog articles. Mike King, from Mount Vernon, WA, gave the following suggestion:

If you haven't already, a written follow-up to your Q&A at Jon Speed's church, about how to "close out" a Gospel conversation.

Sometimes people ask, "How many people have you led to Christ?" My answer: "All of them." When I share the gospel, I bring everyone with whom I speak to the foot of the cross, where I leave them in the hands of the sovereign Creator and Savior. Salvation is of the Lord. I am simply one of his ambassadors.

During the earlier years of my Christian life, from time to time I would share the gospel with people. I was more evangelistic than some, but nowhere near as evangelistic as I should have been. On rare occasions, a person would indicate a desire to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior. So, I would do what I was taught to do: lead the person in a "sinner's prayer."

READ MORE.......................

No comments: